Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
In support of the NSA mission, as a Program Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle of a program to realize mission outcomes. While operating at a high ops tempo, the selectee will interface with various levels of personnel, management, and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors. Program Mangers leverage their expertise from a variety of areas (e.g., computer science, systems engineering, infrastructure and logistics, intelligence and language analytics, among others) to effectively and efficiently deliver the programs that protect the nation.
Description of Position
We are seeking experienced and passionate Program Managers to lead and shape the future of program management functions. Working directly with the mission and technical partners, you will have the opportunity to build and hone your program management skills overseeing an NSA program.
As a Program Manager at the NSA, your responsibilities may include:
– Establishing and managing cost, schedule and performance baselines for programs
– Implementing best practices and processes to track progress of services and development of capabilities in terms of defined cost, schedule, and performance outcomes
– Adjusting priorities and resource allocation based upon objective program performance data
– Providing metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data
– Establishing governance processes for program and related reviews.
– Overseeing testing that satisfies DoD/ODNI/Industry guidelines while demonstrating that an acceptable level of customer expectations have been assessed and met.
– Leveraging data and analysis from systems engineers, configuration managers, contracting officers, and/or financial managers to inform program performance measures.
– Providing program status reports and briefings to internal management, NSA senior leadership and government oversight officials in the DoD, ODNI, and Congress.
– Collaborating with senior leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to help develop a strategic vision and goal for the organization
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer