Hawaii Technical Summer Intern Program
Posted: 2019-08-01 – Closing: 2019-10-15
The Hawaii Technical Summer Intern Program is a 12-week internship for high potential, full-time college students. Internships are offered in multiple mission areas requiring a range of competencies, including computer science, programming, engineering and analysis.
As a participant in the program, you will gain hands-on work experience while building knowledge and skills in fundamental aspect of the NSA mission.
Plus, this position is in Hawaii, so you will spend your summer in a tropical paradies unlike anything you can find state-side.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
– You are paid a competitive salary commensurate with your education level.
– You receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
– You may participate in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
***PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Hawaii. If you do not currently reside in Hawaii and are selected for this internship, transportation to and from Hawaii as well as housing and transportation to and from work will be at the expense of the selectee.
Join students from across the country and lend your knowledge to national security in one of NSA’s over 25 summer internship programs. These 12 week paid programs run from mid-May to mid-August and are open to undergraduate freshman up to Ph.D. students depending on internship requirements. These internships are open to a wide variety of majors and give students the opportunity to work directly with mission-critical problems and experience the excitement of working directly in NSA spaces.
– Must be a U.S. citizen
– Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance.
– A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higer is preferred.
– Must be a college freshman, sophomore or junior.
– Prior military experience beneficial, but not required.
– Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of December 2019 and January 2020.
– Must haver personal transportation to the location of the internship. There are no bus stops within a reasonable distance to the site.
– Majors in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related fields preferred.
Candidates with the following will be a perfect fit:
– Knowledge or experience with software design and development. Familiarity with software engineering processes and practices is beneficial.
– Expereince with project management.
– Knowledge or experience in system administration, network administration and/or requirements analysis.
The ideal candidates will be self-motivated and possess the interpersonal skills necessary for teamwork and collaboration. Strong research skills are essential.
How To Apply – External
Applications must be submitted on or before 15 October. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To be considered for the Hawaii Technical Summer Intern Program, applicants must submit the following:
– Official transcript (unofficial is acceptable if legible), which must be emailed to email@example.com.
– A resume, which must be created through our online application
Applications are not complete without transcripts. Your transcripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October to be considered.
To submit the resume, you must use our online resume builder. Please include the following information under the respective section:
– Past and current employment
– Volunteer Work
– Extracurricular Activities
– School Activities
– Current college/university, current major, expected degree (bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D.) and graduation date (or expected graduation date), overall GPA.
– Previous degrees, college/university attended, major, grad date, overall GPA (if applicable).
– Enter relevant training courses you have taken or will be taking during the spring 2019 semester.
Licenses and Certifications:
– List any relevant liceses and certification (excluding driver’s license).
– List any relevant foreign languages (computer languages should be listed under resume supplemental details).
Resume Supplemental Details:
– Anything you want us to know that is not already captured, include here (i.e., programming languages, campus leadership, cybers exercises, eagle scout, etc.).
If you have questions about this program, please contact us at the above email address or call (808) 364-3028.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer