Fort Gordon, GA
Georgia Summer Internship Program
Fort Gordon, GA
Posted: 2019-08-01 – Closing: 2019-10-15
How would you like to spend your summer developing technological solutions that contribute to the security of our nation? Does the prospect of applying your skills to the NSA/CSS mission spark your interest? If so, then join a team of highly skilled, motivated and passionate professionals who lead the cryptologic enterprise and who are ready and prepared for the changes in our environment.
The NSA Georgia Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience while building knowledge and skills in fundamental aspects of the NSA mission. Take charge of your professional development and experience a once-in-a-lifetime internship opportunity.
‘We Work all over the Globe, but live in Georgia.’ Defending Our Nation. Securing the Future.
NSA Georgia sponsors a variety of internships for college students of all levels. We accept internship applications for the following areas:
‘ Science & Technology
‘ Applied Mathematics
‘ Computer Engineering
‘ Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
‘ Computer Science
‘ Cyber Intelligence and Security
‘ Information Assurance
‘ Information Technology
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
– Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
– Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
– Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
– Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Augusta, GA, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
Join students from across the country and lend your knowledge to national security in one of NSA’s over 25 summer internship programs. These 12 week paid programs run from mid-May to mid-August and are open to undergraduate freshman up to Ph.D. students depending on internship requirements. These internships are open to a wide variety of majors and give students the opportunity to work directly with mission-critical problems and experience the excitement of working directly in NSA spaces.
– Must be a U.S. citizen.
– Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance.
– A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
– Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking college or university program with at least one semester remaining following the internship. Or, for those students about to graduate from one degree program, it is necessary to clearly state future plans demonstrating continued academic pursuits in the term immediately following the internship.
– Must provide transcripts covering academic qualifications described above.
– Must major in Computer Science, Engineering, or Cyber Security or a very closely related discipline.
– Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of December 2019 and March 2020.
How To Apply – External
Applications must be submitted online by October 15th. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
To submit the online application, you must use our resume builder application tool.
Transcripts may be issued directly by the Registrar, or issued to you by the Registrar, then sent with your application materials. Only originals via post, photocopies of originals via post, scanned copies of originals via email (PDF format only) will be accepted. If your Registrar is capable of directly sending electronic transcripts, please have them sent directly to you and then email the transcripts to NSAG_Recruitment@nsa.gov as an attachment. Please do not send html transcripts accessible via a website or text versions thereof.
IMPORTANT: Please email all required documentation (transcripts, resume) to NSAG_Recruitment@nsa.gov.
**Applications are not complete without the requested documentation. If you have applied to multiple positions, you MUST follow the instructions on each posting and send your requested documents to each program separately. Documents will NOT be shared between programs.
If you have questions about the Georgia Summer Intern Program, please contact us at the email address above or call 1-844-ICHIRES. You may also e-mail Summer_Interns@nsa.gov or call (410) 854-4726.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer