Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal – to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
With an ever increasing workforce and constantly evolving technology, NSA’s Installations & Logistics organization needs highly motivated Facilities Planners to provide short-term and long-range space plans that deliver efficient and effective facilities to support the Agency’s global mission.
Description of Position
As a Facilities Planner, your responsibilities may include:
– Developing plans and strategies for major initiatives such as site master plans, facility renovations and new construction.
– Creating budgets and schedules for implementing major initiatives
– Maintaining and updating facility strategies, master plans and space occupancy database for real time accountability of all occupied and available space.
– Creating and implementing standards for facilities modernization, and tracking investments in real property.
– Testing and evaluating new trends and technologies to provide guidance, project management services, hands-on facilities support, engineering consulting services and technical expertise in facilities management.
– Reading and understanding graphic materials (e.g., diagrams, schematics, construction documentation, maps, or GUIs).
– Developing and implementing sustainability initiatives
– Managing space resources, infrastructure, and facility capacities
– Working with other facilities and planning professionals such as Program Managers (PMs), Building Managers (BMs), engineers, architects, city/urban designers and planners and Information Technology professionals to understand the physical planning needs of the stakeholders balanced with an understanding of existing conditions in order to make informed master plans, facility investments and space planning decisions.
– Developing and presenting briefings
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer