Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. With the ever-accelerating technological advances and growing system complexity, NSA needs Engineering Specialists/Technicians to help build, install, modify, repair and/or test electronic equipment.
The responsibilities of an Engineering Specialist/Technician may include:
– Installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and/or repairing of equipment and systems in accordance with applicable standards and processes.
– Performing rack, stack, and cabling of equipment in IT machine rooms
– Maintaining Configuration Items (CI) in a centralized data base
– Capturing and tracking IT machine room Power, Space, and Cooling
– Serving as an Access Manager for IT machine rooms
– Operating industrial/production equipment, machinery, and tools such as machine tools, presses, air compressors, and printing and packaging equipment.
– Operating mechanized material-handling equipment (for example, forklifts, hand trucks).
– Informing customers, management, or relevant others of work progress, project status, and problems.
– Ordering, procuring, receiving, inspecting, and/or verifying ordered supplies, materials, or equipment.
– Driving vehicles, such as cars, vans, or trucks to transport cargo or passengers.
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer