Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The NSA’s Research Directorate conducts world-class scientific research and makes advances in cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Our researchers are subject matter experts, consultants, inventors, collaborators, and visionaries. Some of our research facilities include a cleanroom with nano and microelectronic fabrication capabilities, RF and photonic high speed characterization tools, 3D fabrication equipment, and cryogenic test fixtures in modern low-vibration laboratories.
The NSA is located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. Home to many commercial collaborators, universities, government laboratories, and sponsors, the D.C. Metropolitan area is not only a great place to live, but an ideal place for a young scientist/researcher to launch a career.
The NSA currently has opportunities for highly motivated Engineering and Physical Sciences Researchers to provide expertise, guidance and support to the development and implementation of mission capabilities that align with mission driven challenges. Individuals in this positions are responsible for:
– Identify research challenges to enhance the NSA mission
– Leverage research approaches and methodologies
– Conduct research, including experiments and investigations
– Analyze data using appropriate tool sets
– Review scientific or technical literature to support research efforts
– Serve as a subject matter expert to support research and development efforts to propel mission efforts
– Attend conferences and communicate with people in a particular technical field to keep abreast of new technologies and information
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer