Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The National Security Agency employs Contracting Specialists who play a critical role in creating and negotiating the contracts needed to support the internal infrastructure of a federal agency comparable in size and budget to Fortune 100 companies.
Description of Position:
The National Security Agency is looking for experienced Contracting Specialists to join the team! NSA Contracting Specialists are responsible for acquiring the goods and services necessary to achieve the Agency’s mission and protect the Nation. As a Contracting Specialist with NSA, you will be empowered to develop, negotiate and manage contracts of varying types and dollar values (simplified purchases to multimillion dollar awards). You will have the opportunity to see your contributions to the mission first hand, while overseeing your requirements from cradle-to-grave.
As a Contracting Specialist at the NSA, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Developing and/or implementing acquisition plans, programs, and policies
– Developing or assisting in developing acquisition strategies
– Researching and evaluating potential contractors/vendors to determine best fit with needs, considering capabilities and costs
– Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quote (RFQ)
– Evaluating and negotiating proposals from potential contractors/vendors
– Evaluating procurements to ensure compliance with funding, legal, and program requirements
– Preparing and award contracts with supporting documentation in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies (for example, FAR)
– Administering contracts to include issuing modifications and ensuring delivery and payment
– Implementing best practices and processes
– Communicating program successes and issues with various levels and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer