Fort Meade, MD
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from getting access to sensitive classified national security information. Managers at NSA, where people are a priority, are responsible for leveraging the diversity of their work force to create innovative solutions that support the Agency’s missions.
NSA seeks mid-level to experienced human capital professionals with emphases on job analysis, personnel selection and assessment, training/program evaluation, performance measurement, leader development and/or survey research for full-time positions in a variety of organizations within NSA. Incumbents will work with industrial/organizational (I/O) psychologists, strategic consultants, survey researchers, data scientists, and other human capital professionals to drive human capital initiatives and strategies at NSA.
Ideal candidates will possess experience in one or more of the above areas and have exceptional skills in the areas of consulting, problem solving, report writing, and client/project management. Expert research design and data analysis skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation are critical.
The Applied Social Scientists on the Diversity Equality and Inclusion team focus on issues of fairness in policy, procedures, practices, and outcomes. They regularly carry out barrier analyses (quantitative and qualitative) and lead integrated process teams composed of stakeholders from across the Agency. The Applied Social Scientists determine the best statistical analyses to use for longitudinal studies, relevant labor force metrics, survival analyses and causal connections. They meet regularly with leaders to review metrics, study findings and the inclusion quotient with senior leaders. They partner with other team members to aid organizations looking to shift to improved outcomes as well as with many organizations across the Agency in their daily work.
Using social science research methods to enhance the way we carry out our mission, incumbents will support projects such as:
– Designing and executing job analysis studies
– Conducting training needs analyses and evaluating training effectiveness
– Developing and validating assessments for selection and development purposes (e.g., structured interviews, cognitive and non-cognitive measures, and knowledge tests)
– Developing and executing plans for evaluating the impact of EEOD programs
– Conducting EEO analyses for selection and promotion decisions
– Developing and analyzing workforce surveys (e.g., climate, quality of hire, skills assessments)
– Developing and executing plans to evaluate the impact of current and future programs and processes
– Analyzing a variety of program-related data to drive strategic business decisions
– Contributing to basic and applied research projects
– Creating dynamic, user-friendly visualizations
Ideal candidates would be expected to:
– Hold an MA/MS or PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Survey Research, Quantitative Psychology, or related field (e.g., Organizational Development, Sociology, Educational Psychology)
– Collaborate with team members across the organization and develop strategic partnerships throughout the Agency to help achieve organizational goals and needs
– Contribute to the conceptualization, design, analysis, and presentation of applied research (applying appropriate quantitative and qualitative research techniques, data collection strategies, data analysis methods) to inform technical and leadership decisions
– Keep abreast of best practices and new research in I/O, human capital management, and related fields
– Synthesize complex findings and detailed research into executive summaries and presentations intended for managerial decisions and/or publication
– Provide high quality customer service to clients through superior technical work as well as effective project management and communication
– Be proficient in relevant tools such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R)
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer